Serial Ultrabay Enhanced HDD Adapter
Features and specifications
This is an adapter to connect an additional ThinkPad system hard disc drive (with attached rails) to the Serial Ultrabay Enhanced. Unlike previous second drive adapters, this model does not feature drive activity LED. This adapter does not support 12.7 mm hard disc drives: to install a 12.7 mm hard disc drive into your Serial Ultrabay Enhanced, use "RAID adapter for workstation models" FRU 60Y5513.
- Takes any 9.5mm thick, 2.5" SATA HDD
- Rated 5V ⎓ 1.5A
- Approximate height: 13.8 mm (0.54 in)
- Approximate width: 128.3 mm (5.05 in)
- Approximate depth: 140 mm (5.51 in)
- Approximate weight: 80 g (0.18 lb)
This adapter supplies 3.3 V from 5 V with a voltage regulator marked VT350AF. Between slimline plug pin 1 (Device Present) and receptacle pin 5 is resistance 4.74 kΩ: an installed HDD connects pin 5 to ground pins 4 and 6. Between black and red wires is Ultrabay latch detector switch, normally open. Black is ground, red traces to slimline plug pin 4 (Manufacturing Diagnostic): when this adapter is installed in Ultrabay, latch locked, then switch is closed.
- Marketing P/N: 0A65623
- FRU P/N: 04W3584
- ASM P/N: 0B55883
- ThinkPad R400, R500
- ThinkPad T420, T430, T520, T530
- ThinkPad W520, W530
- It might be compatible with ThinkPad W510, or it may not. It is not officially supported, although W510 is listed as a compatible system in Lenovo Quick Pick, yet two support specialists on Lenovo Community Forums said it is not compatible.