Installing Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) on a ThinkPad X200
Just brief info for now as I haven't time to test all features yet. Please update if you have info on features marks as untested.
- Installing from desktop cd:
- Installing from alternate cd:
works fine with optical drive in X200 UltraBase, just follow the steps
- Installing via wubi:
- internal LCD: works fine
- external VGA: not tested
- external VGA via ultraBase: works fine
- DisplayPort via ultraBase: works fine
- Intel 5100: not tested
- Intel 5300: not tested
- Intel 5350: works fine, kernel sees it as 5300 so the above probably also works
generally works, but see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/381913
- internal speakers: not tested
- headphones: not tested
- headphones via ultrabase: works fine
- internal mic: works fine
- mic via ultrabase: not tested
mostly work, Tp smapi adds more readable sensor names, for HDD hddtemp is needed
works with Tp smapi. After installing hdapsd edit /etc/default/hdapsd make sure START is set to "yes", DISK to "sda" and adjust SENSITIVITY (50 works ok for most people).
Works fine as long as you don't suspend when docked.
Docking and Undocking
- Docking works ok, system even tries to switch automatically to saved external monitor display configuration and sometimes it even does the smart thing
- Before undocking you must always press "pre-undock" button on the left side of docking station and wait until green arrow allows you to proceed. Otherwise system will start to beep at you and it will probably get confused.
- Undocking and/or pressing "pre-undock" button switches automatically display to internal LCD only so you don't have to worry about it.
- automatic umounting of devices connected to docking station was not tested yet.
- suspending or hibernating when docked is not a good idea as system will get confused when resumed not docked also.