Installation of AIGLX/Compiz on X60s (model 1704-69U)
What works out of the box
- AIGLX functions appropriately, as does Compiz - though it must be activated using the cube shaped system tray icon.
- So far, all activated plugins have functioned as expected
- Performance is excellent; easily comparable with native X/Metacity
What needs to be fixed
- Suspend: Compiz is apparently unable to handle suspend at this time. Options are to a.) use the system tray icon for Compiz Manager to deactivate Compiz / reenable Metacity prior to suspend, or b.) handle this automatically via script 
- There are many approaches to installing AIGLX/Compiz; thus far, the only one seeming to function for the x60s is located here