Revision as of 06:55, 3 April 2012 by SunCatalyst
- X200 Technical Specifications (pdf)
- Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) - ThinkPad X200, August 2008 Edition (from lenovo / Support / User's guides & manuals)
Sometimes even basic information is hard to find. Here's a place for it.
- The standard X200T does not support Multi-touch!. Only the "Enhanced MultiTouch" supports true MultiTouch. The standard X200T uses Wacom's no-longer-cutting-edge non-multitouch screen. Only one contact point is available in hardware.
- Though, hypothetically, you could get two points from a MultiTouch screen, one from finger contact, and one from a stylus hovering over but not touching the screen - they are available in linux as separate devices. It's not clear it's ever been done.
- GPS - If you have an optional WWAN card (AT&T or Verizon), you have GPS. unconfirmed
- The 5300 normally has 3 x 3 antennas. Adding the webcam reduces this to 2 x 2. unconfirmed
- Any other conflicts? Bluetooth, etc?
- X200T configured with SSD do not include the Active Protection System accelerometer. Despite alternate uses (theft deterrence). Confirmed by Lenovo US sales phone, 2008-10. Mitchell 21:54, 28 October 2008 (CET)
- My x200t that shipped with an SSD (Feb 2009) *does* include the accelerometer. I suspect that the same accelerometer is the one used to automatically change the screen orientation, so it doesn't make sense that any of the tablets wouldn't include it. There's also only a single part number for the motherboard in the Hardware Maintenance Manual: if there was a revision used for units shipped with SSDs it would likely be listed separately.
- X200 configured with SSD include the Active Protection System accelerometer (at least 7454-CTO models shipped in Q4 2008). Vminko 02:41, 30 December 2008 (CET)
- The X200 Tablet Sleeve supports 4 and 8 cell batteries, but not 9 cell. from announcement
- The X200 does not have a touchpad. For folks who really want one, a somewhat messy possibility might be www.ergonomictouchpad.com (never used - no endorsement) which looks vaguely like a Cirque TSM9925 Touchpad with velcro and wire added.
- There can be a big cost difference between preconfigured units from VARs, and custom configured units from shop.lenovo.com, as of 2008-10-31 (examples).
- But shipping delays may be even greater than when ordering directly from Lenovo (2008 Q4).
Pages in category "X200"
The following 64 pages are in this category, out of 64 total.