ThinkPad Edge 13" Series
This page gives an overview of all ThinkPad Edge 13" Series related topics. The Edge 13" exists both in Intel and AMD processor models.
ThinkPad Edge 13" (Intel)
Common to all distributions should be the following two issues:
- the trackpad's synaptics multitouch hardware isn't detected properly
- the built-in microphone does not work by default
Refer to the linlap entry  for details.
(K)Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
See: Installing Kubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) on a ThinkPad Edge 13" (Intel)
Ubuntu 10.10 out-of-the-box supports pretty much all this machine's hardware, including:
- power (frequency scaling, hibernate)
- networking (wifi and ethernet)
- card reader (tested with SDHC card)
- HDMI (video & audio (need to select the "HDMI Output" in Sound Preferences))
- combo headphone/mic jack (same kind of connector as many smartphones)
- trackpad (but only in "pseudo-multitouch", see above)
What doesn't work:
- inbuilt microphone (see above)
OpenSUSE 11.3 supports this model out-of-the-box, including 3D desktop effects, hibernate, built-in webcam and wireless.
A workaround to enable the the built-in microphone is to add the following line at the beginning of /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf:
options snd-hda-intel model=olpc-xo-1_5
ThinkPad Edge 13" (AMD)