Difference between revisions of "3Com 10/100 Ethernet Mini-PCI Adapter with 56K Modem"
|Line 50:||Line 50:|
Latest revision as of 14:43, 15 November 2020
- 22P6444, 06P3829, 00N8117, 22P6753, 22P7594, 09N9774
A 'Boot Agent' (PXE boot) firmware update for this adapter is available from IBM. The updated version is 4.32 and is available here.
Linux Ethernet driver
This card will work with the standard '3c59x' Linux driver as part of any recent 2.4 or 2.6 kernel
This card doesn't work "out of the box" with 2.6 kernels before 2.6.14-rc1 when using ACPI. See the problem page for detailed information.
Linux Modem driver
- No Linux Modem driver exists for the 3Com modem with the PCI ID listed above. There was brief interest from 3Com for creating a Linux driver, but it was never completed.
- The Lucent Modem should be supported by the ltmodem driver for Linux.
- The 3Com driver does not support power management. See Andrew Morton's e-mail to the LKML on the subject. As a workaround, remove the 3c59x module before suspending the machine. However, the kernel documentation (vortex.txt) refers to the "enable_wol" parameter enabling Wake-on-LAN and "power management support", unsure if this is relevant
This information is out of date and incomplete
- 3Com Product Information Page
- Don Becker's Vortex Driver site
- The 3Com Mini PCI Device Drivers for Linux page
- The Linmodem HOWTO